Monday, September 17, 2012

Beautiful Healing

This summer I had one of the sweetest opportunities to be a leader with Discipleship Focus here in Branson. I was a leader with Dfocus two summers ago in Pigeon Forge, TN; but this summer I decided to stay closer to home. One of the best parts of the summer was living life with these gals:
Jamie, Anne, Emily, and myself
 
 
God used each of these women this summer to challenge and encourage me and to hold me accountable to His truths. Throughout the summer, as I was leading seven college students, the Lord was also bringing me to a place of healing. I learned so much about myself and He showed me how I have allowed sin and shame to control my life for so long. I never allowed myself to truly live in His Grace. I had put God in a box and had decided that He was finished transforming me. Well, I was wrong. He is not done with me. Far from it!! Our lives are a PROCESS of being conformed into His image; it does not just happen overnight, or even in ten weeks.
So now I am entering into this new school year, in such a SWEET place with the Lord. I am HEALTHY and living in His FREEDOM. It feels amazing!
 
So amazing, in fact, that last week I decided to get baptized! I was baptized as an infant, but part of me has always wanted get baptized as an adult believer. And after such a meaningful summer, the timing was perfect. My church family gathered at the lake and four of us were baptized together. It was an especially special night for me because so many of my dearest friends were around me and even my parents came!
 
 Freedom at it's best.
 
 My dear friend Jamie. God did amazing things through this woman this summer and I will forever be grateful.
 My dear friend Melissa has been one of the dearest people in my life this past year. She went from being a parent volunteer two years ago, to a parent regular this past year, to one of my sweetest friends. Just love her!

 I love that Rick kissed me on his own initiative. :)
 I was honored that Jim Freeman agreed to baptize me. He's had such an important role in my relationship with God.
Sweet Erica and Eli. Such a faithful friend! We've been dear friends for many years now and living life with her is one of my favorite things!


No comments:

Post a Comment