Monday, April 30, 2012

A Spring in Review

#1: Singing with the Springfield Symphony
As many of you know, nothing makes me happier than singing passionately with an orchestra and full chorus. In March, I had the amazing opportunity to sing Brahm's Requiem with the Springfield Symphony. One of the sweetest parts of the whole experience was that I got to sing with my sister Victoria for the first time (classically) since she is a student at Missouri State. We even finagled a way to stand by each other! My parents came up before and took us to a cute Italian restaurant. It was fun for them to watch the two of us. The other amazing part of the night was that my dear friend Melissa and her daughter Emmy (who is in my class) came to watch me! Afterwards, they took me out on the town and we enjoyed amazing dessert crepes at a quaint creperie called the Aviary. I love the memories I made this night!
Victoria and I after singing...
 Here is my sweet student Emmy and I...

#2: Erica has a baby!!!
I know this isn't my baby, but seeing one of my dearest friends become a mother has been one of the highlights of my spring. I just love baby Eli Hosea and how sweet Erica is with him. He's my newest Sunday baby!



Such a pretty momma!

#4. SPRING BREAK: Florida!!
This Spring Break I got on an airplane and went down to Florida! I stayed with my dear friend Jana Sharp and my other deary Emily came down to join us. I spent a LOT of time just laying on the beach reading and it was AMAZING! I love the sweet memories I have with these dear friends.
My first ocean sand castle!


Sweet friends!




My view most of the week...


So excited!!






















#5. Do your BEST on the MAP!!
As part of our MAP assembly this April, I rewrote the song Be Our Guest into Do Your Best. It was so much fun incorporating students and teachers into the song. My favorite part is that the teachers went all OUT as they danced and twirled behind me!



#6. A Whole New World Lip Sync
For my church, we did a fundraiser by performing various Lip Syncs. My friend Nick and I did a Star Wars/Aladdin number where I was Princess Leia and he was my "father' Darth Vader. Pretty fun!


#7. Sweet times with students!
This Spring I have had some fun opportunities with my students! I've been to a Springfield Cardinals baseball game, took a LONG trip with the gifted students, and went to the most fun eleven year old birthday party. I love that my relationships with these families can extend beyond the classroom walls. I have the best job!
Here are a few pictures:

Fun gifted kids!

Dodge ball!!



Sweetest mustache/sunglasses combo ever!

Love my time with the Piersons!
If you've made it this far down, congrats!! You are all caught up on my fun happenings this spring! Stay tuned for more about my summer! (Hopefully will be written SOON and not in August...:)

1 comment: