Monday, April 30, 2012

Low Carbing it UP!

On February 6th, I began a new adventure: I started the Atkin's Low Carb diet! The first phase lasts two weeks and limits your diet to 20 carbs a day. If you've ever paid attention to carbs, this pretty much limits your diets to salads, meats, cheeses and healthy fats. I stuck very rigidly to the first phase for 5 weeks before taking a break over Spring Break. Since Spring Break I have gradually added nuts and nut flours. It's definitely been one of the biggest challenges! So far I've lots just over 20 pounds! I'm at the lowest weight I've been at in since I was about 20. Since I started trying to lose weight two and a half years ago, I've lost a total of about 40 pounds. My goal then was to lose a total of 100 pounds and I want to keep going till I reach this goal, even if it takes a few more years. One of my favorite things about this diet is that I have a new challenge of finding clothes that fit correctly and don't hang off me like a flour sack! It's the first time in my life I have to go DOWN in size and NOT up!

3 comments:

  1. 1. good for you, sticking with it so rigorously.
    2. it has been FAR too long since I've seen you. We've both changed in appearance. You are getting smaller and I'm getting bigger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you, Casey. You go, girl!
    And yes, I echo Amy's sentiment.

    ReplyDelete